(Sorry that this pic isn't great, the food was so steamy so the pic doesn't sow the colours very well. I was to hungry to wait :o) )
Like loads of other people at the moment I have been watching Jamie Oliver's 15 Minute Meals. There are so many of his meals that I want to try, they all just look sooooo good!! This one was one of my favourites when watching the programmes so decided to give this a go and see how it turned out. Now as you can get, 15 minute meals as a title is a little deserving. Jamie Oliver can do this as he is Chef and feels fully comfortable with everything in the kitchen and is a whizz!! However I am not, so this took me about 30 minutes in total. I still think that's great timing for a really nice filling meal, it looks so good as well as its really bright and colourful. The ingredients below will feed 3/4 depending on how big you like your portion sizes. I will just add that I have changed the instructions around a little bit compared to Jamie Oliver's website, just because I found it a little easier to do in this order. Also I left out lemon from the recipe as my boyfriend hates it!
2 Mixed Colour Peppers (I used red and yellow)
1 Red Onion
1 heaped tsp Harissa Paste
2 Anchovy Fillets
3 cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 bunch fresh Basil
1 mug Basmatti Rice
1 pinch Saffron
2 Sirloin Steaks
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1) Halve the courgette length ways, slice the aubergine 1cm thick and place both onto a hot griddle pan, turning when charred
2) Tear the seeds and stalks out of the peppers. Roughly chop the peppers and the red onion.
3) Put into casserole pan on a medium the harissa, anchovies and 1 teaspoon of the anchovy oil , as well as the peppers and onions.
4) Squash in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher and stir regularly
5) Put 1 mug of rice, 2 mugs of boiling water, the saffron and a pinch of salt into the small pan, cover and cook until fluffy, stirring occasionally (about 12 minutes)
6) Remove the charred courgette and aubergine from the griddle pan, leaving it on the heat, and roughly chop them on a board
7) Add them to the casserole pan along with the passata and balsamic vinegar, and boil with the lid on
8) Remove the fat from the steak, rub them with salt, the paprika and 1 teaspoon of olive oil and place on the hot griddle pan, turning every minute until cooked to your liking
9) On a chopping board put the Dijon mustard and 1tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and then mix together and spread over the board
10) When the steaks are done, transfer them to the board, turn in the dressing until covered and then slice
11) Tear the top leafy half of the basil into the ratatouille, season to taste,
12) Now plate up!!
Hope you have enjoyed this post and give this recipe a try!!